Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why Blog?

A good question, my wife says it is for therapy. She's probably right, she usually is. But on a more sincere note, I can't take it any more. When have we become a nation of not what I can do for it but what she can do for me. That is all any one seems to care about. At least if you believe the main stream media. I believe otherwise!
I believe there are still millions of good people in this country who just aren't heard, why? Well good people tend to think of other people's feelings and try not to offend anyone. As a result of trying to be thoughtful and tolerant of others we let them have the last word. In today's ever declining ethics of journalism that is all that is heard on the 6 O' Clock news.
So why blog? It is my effort to "Stand Up" and to let my voice be heard. The good people of this great nation need to do more standing up! Let your voice's be heard. This will be my humble attempt.
During World War Two there was a family who had several (4 out of 5) of their son's killed in battle. When the father was asked about this and the sacrifice they had paid. He said that he felt the loss most terribly, but if the President required that his last remaining son serve in this conflict, and hence possibly die, he would give it.
By today's standard this man would be thought callus at best and a monster at worst. How could he say this, how could he offer his last son's life for WAR. Didn't he love his son! What a child abuser!
I think otherwise. I think this man was a great man. This man understood two things. First, the value of life. How dear it is, how precious. Once lost we can not get it back. Second, he understood that some things in this life are worth sacrificing for. Even unto death.
There is another Father who also understood this. So he let angry, evil men nail his son to a cross and suffer, sacrifice his life for something worth sacrificing for.
It is my prayer that all who read this will understand the need to "Stand Up". I can not promise that I will write in this daily, but I will try. As I said earlier, my wife is usually right and she says I need it.

No comments: